Monday, June 14, 2010

Supervisor Week

"Leadership and learning are indispensible to each other." -JFK

Camp is absolutely beautiful. This campus is much more open and spread out than the other camps I have attended/worked for in the past. The camp support team has arrived for our training week, and I am spending time with the heads of the other units plus the heads of the arts, sports, waterfront, and adventure programs. This team has been incredibly welcoming and friendly to me, for which I can't even begin to express my appreciation. I was really nervous about being the new guy in town, but I already feel like I've been here for years. Today I beat the sports director in an epic game of Ga-Ga (an Israeli version of dodgeball) and started working on learning the names of all the buildings. I've gotten a good feel for getting around camp, and took a few pictures of the area. These two are my favorites (the chapel and the lake):
















This week I'll be learning the ropes of camp, getting to know my team members, and getting ready for the rest of the staff to come next week. Right now there are only 15 or so of us, but within a week and a half, there will be over 200 staff members walking around camp (not to mention the 600-800 campers coming the week after that!). I'm so excited to get into the swing of summer. More to come later!

No comments:

Post a Comment